Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sydney

Tuesday, Jan 31st
Gemma, the current Au Pair, and me
at Scruffy's Irish Pub near Town Hall in Sydney
We arrived back in Sydney this morning.  Jerry, my soon-to-be boss, picked me up from the ship terminal.  That is where I said my good-byes.  I will miss Mama, Granny and Wayne so much, but it was so nice to have those 2 weeks of meaningful time together.  Emila, Jerry’s wife, took me to lunch and we got to know each other better.  They are going to be a wonderful family to work for and live with, as an au pair. Then, Gemma, the current Au Pair, showed me how to use the train system.  We went to down town Sydney to an Irish pub called Scruffy’s.  She introduced me to her friends from England and France.  All of the people in the pub were so friendly.  By the end of the night, we all were having a great time.  I met people from all over the world- Ireland, England, France and Scotland. 


1 comment: