Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Napier


Wednesday, Jan 25-

Napier was a half-day.  Wayne and I walked into town and took some pictures of the beach.  I gathered my sand sample and we continued down the town.  (I am taking a handful of sand from each beach I go to around the world.  I started this a few years ago.  Someday I hope to have a room in my home of pictures, sand and maps of all the places I’ve been.)  The highlight of this port for us was the Opossum Shop/Museum.  Wayne and I had more than a few laughs as we meandered through the sets of stuffed opossums in frozen positions and stances.  They were hilarious.  We learned quite a bit about these nocturnal marsupials.  Apparently they are overpopulated in New Zealand, causing problems throughout the land.  Whatever shall we do?
On the ship, I participated in the karaoke competition and made 2nd place.  This was one of our formal nights.  

Above: Cruise Director David, the 3 Karaoke finalists, and DJ Nick


No comments:

Post a Comment