Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bondi Beach and Cronulla Beach

Saturday, Feb 4th
We decided to go to Melbourne on Monday. Steve was so kind- he drove Kristy and I all the way back to my Australian family’s house to pack my bags.  This was quite a trek- about an hour and a half one way.  But we made a road trip out of it.  We stopped in Bondi for lunch right on the beach.  It was exquisite.  
Bondi is a bit more of a tourist beach.  Manly is a beach close to where I am going to live.  It's a little less visited by tourists, but has a similar feel to it.  I can't wait to spend my afternoon's soaking up the sun on Manly beach.  I wonder if the name has anything to do with the eye candy on the sandy shore?  
At the Bondi beach bistro, we watched the local kids jumping off the rocks into the ocean.  It was precarious, but they seemed to know what they were doing. 
Then, Kristy and I laid out at the beach in Cronulla.  Yay sun!
Bondi Beach

Sunday, Feb 5th
We laid out all day again in Cronulla and then had an Aussie barbie at Steve’s.  Yum.  We watched a movie and then crashed.  The sun really takes it out of you. (My camera died, so I don't have any pictures of Cronulla beach...I'll have to go back soon so I can capture it on camera.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment