Saturday, March 17, 2012

Many Beach

Monday-Thursday, March 5-8-
Each week, my duties include:
-making breakfast for Stef- scrambled or fried eggs with bacon
-taking Stef to school
-ironing
-every other week- the dog and the cleaners
-pick up Stef from school and take the kids to their different activities: Hip Hop dance, Ballet class, football practice, swimming
-Cook dinners 3-4 times a week
-Help with homework, talk to teachers...
This week, on my time off during the day (9am-3pm), I did several fun things:
Manly beach, jog, hike, bush walks, iron, lay out on beach, quiet times and hike past Shelly beach

View from my rock, Manly Beach
Shelly beach is a quaint beach on the right side of Manly.  It doesn’t have waves, but is quiet and calm.  There is land just beyond that with a trail through the thicket.  I have hiked there many times and had quiet times on a rock that looks out on the ocean.



Hike Trail past Shelly Beach
Friday, March 9
Today, I jogged past Shelly beach at Manly and had my quiet time on my rock and wrote a song for a new memory verse - 1 Peter 1:13.  Then I layed out on the beach and read Graceling, a new book in a trilogy I started.   That evening, I met up with 3 au pairs at The Rocks, the first settlement in Sydney that is now a strip of pubs, bars, restaurants, and stores.  I had on flip-flops, commonly known as thongs here, and thus denied entrance into a pub.  They do not permit thongs in certain places downtown for “safety hazards”.  Really?  I was well dressed, and they were nice flip-flops (more like glittery sandals) and it was a pub with picnic tables, hardly an upper class establishment.  I have never been denied entrance anywhere before, so I was frustrated.  The bouncer had the nerve to tell me that although thongs were not permitted, I could purchase flats in a vender machine around the corner, for $20- really?  I refused and went to a different pub.  They let me in with no problem.  What is with the hatred and discrimination of flip-flops? I hope my flip-flops didn’t get their feelings hurt.  I consoled them for a bit after “the incident” so I think we are ok.  Flip-flops may seem very durable on the exterior but they really have quite gentle dispositions.  We must take good care of them.  After all, we walk all over them every day.  I’m going to share a few words with the next bouncer who talks down to my flip-flops. 
A lizard that walked past me
Manly Beach

There are MANY spiders you have to watch out for.
But they are stunning to look at

Shelly Beach

From my rock as well

2 comments:

  1. :) Wish you could be here!! Hope Monday night dinners are fun! Tell the gang I said hello!

    ReplyDelete