Saturday, March 17, 2012

Good bye, Diane.

Wednesday, Feb 29
Unfortunately, Diane caught my cold.  She has been such a trooper, still having to work during the days and then going to dinner with me.  Today was a solo meo day so I decided I would go for a run and then read some in the Botanical gardens.  I got dressed and then stepped outside and… it was raining.  So, plan B.  I worked out in the gym, met the trainer and a few cute guys and then swam laps in the indoor pool.  It was such a perfect set up.  The pool had 2 lanes under a sky window with a view of the high rises and trees around me.  The pool was beautiful shades of blue and the water reflected against the wall with a shimmer to it.  I swam my laps and then played around in the water.  It was nice to have the pool all to myself.  They also had a sauna and hot tub.  I moseyed back to the room, took a shower and then had a late lunch in the room.  I caught up on some shows that I have been way behind on since my travels commenced.  Then I took a train and bus back to the house and spent the evening with the family.

Thursday, March 1st
Today was my first day.  On my to-do list:
Laundry/ironing
Cleaners
Take dog to groomers and p/u stef
Dinner
All went well.  I can do this.  Not too hard.  Just several little things to do.  The biggest thing- stay on the left side of the road and remember to pick up the kids.  And give them the right medicine.  And learn to like ironing.

Friday, March 2
I went back to see Diane before she left.  We ate a late dinner at an Italian restaurant that was completely full, so we ate at the bar.  Diane and I shared an appetizer of fried zucchini and then I had a wonderful dish of Spaghetti Meatballs.  It reminded me of when we traveled in Italy together in 2007.  I went with my Mom, Dad, Wayne, Carolyn, Daniel and Mike and Diane.  Everything on the menu was in Italian so it’s more difficult to order.  That’s why I went for the familiar meatballs this go round.  My favorite dish in Italy was the pest lasagna- yes it was all green.  And actually now that I think of it, I think we were in Germany at the time.  Italian food is very different from American Italian food.  For example, I ordered pepperoni pizza, and I got a soupy dish with peppers on it.  I had to use my fork and spoon to eat it.  And every spaghetti and lasagna is completely different, since each chef has his or her own special ingredient. 
Diane and I enjoyed our last night together talking about all sorts of things.  Her client felt her trip here was very beneficial so they want her to come back.  So, she’s returning in 6 months with Mike before I make my way back to the States.  I can’t wait! More traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment