Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bondi and Surry Hills


Saturday March10
I traveled for an hour to get to Bondi Beach, where my friend, Su, lives.  I had brunch with Su and 2 of her friends at cute café near the beach.  There were green plants hanging from the ceiling.  It was an Austin-y place with a relaxed feel to it.  We ate yummy eggs and had great conversation.  Then I went to the beach with Su.  It was so pretty but I have to say, I like Manly better.  It’s less crowded.  But it was filled with all types of people and surrounded by so many cute eateries.  We also enjoyed a beachfront bar, a new chill place with lounge chairs outside.  We talked and had a drink, watching the waves wash in and out.  Then Su showed me her place, which was walking distance from the beach.  Talking about living the life of luxury. Then, I met up with another au pair, Jessica, and layed out more.  We talked about boys and where we went to school and what we wanted to do here.  She’s younger and impressionable but sweet.  Then we got ready in Surry Hills, where her town house is.   We had dinner at an authentic Italian place where the wait staff and cooks were all related and spoke to each other in Italian.  We split a delicious potato pasta. Then we met back up with Su and her boyfriend and his friends.  We met Josh, Alex, Will and much others- fun!!! It was American beer night ironically, but I hadn’t heard of any of them and they were not good.  I hope that isn’t the representation of our beer… It was a 3 level pub with a great atmosphere and of course I loved getting the attention from all of the boys.  I stayed at Su’s place for the night since it’s such a long trek back home and the buses stop going there after midnight.  I’ll have to start taking a different train if I want to stay out later. 

At Bondi Beach with Su

March 11, Sunday
I woke up and decided to enjoy a cute café on the beach. So I brought my book, found a nook and ate breakfast at a small place with a perfect view of the ocean.  I was entrapped with my book, Graceling, again.  But, I made my way back onto Bondi beach and layed out.  I played in the water and it was very “fresh”, as Granny would say.  It was definitely chilly, that’s for sure.  Then I traveled back home and it took 2½ hrs.  Good thing I have my book! I went to a church in Manly, only there was no service tonight because there was a morning beach service that replaced this one. Sad day.  So, I went to an Italian café in Manly and met some cute old men who bought me drinks and gave me advice about life.  They were hilarious and adorable. 

March 12, Monday
I talked with Mom on skype, emailed, facebooked, prepared lunches and dinner
I took the kids to Swimming again and had a flat on the way back.  Luckily there was a nice man who helped me change the tire.  Then we had the dinner I prepared.  I ended the night with finishing my book, Graceling, and moved onto the next book in the trilogy,  Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment