Thursday, July 19, 2012

Those Things Domesticos


Tuesday, June12
Jerry has been sick for the last couple of days, so Emila took him to the hospital to get some fluids back in him. I stayed home and did the laundry.  It was raining all day so I didn’t mind being inside.  Then I drove Stef to ballet and made dinner.
Wednesday, June 13
To Do: 
-Watch this little one :) Love her
-Pick up ring at car dealership- (I left my ring in Amy’s car, and then she sold the car for the family- so I had a panic, then drove to the dealership and luckily they had found it and held it for me.  Close call…)
-10:30-11:30- Pilates
-Make cake balls for Mark’s birthday tomorrow

Thursday, June 14- Mark’s birthday J
I woke up early and made pancakes for Mark.  He was so excited to be treated special for his birthday.  During the day I took care of Ash and Oli.  Then that evening, I made a special dinner for Mark, with cakeballs and candles at the end. Then Amy and I went to the Park hotel in Frenchs Forest and then met up with Mary for wine at her place.  Yay girl time.


Friday, June 15
I had dinner at Jo’s.  She’s so lovely.  She made a flat mushroom dish topped with pumpkin, zucchini and feta cheese.  We always have real conversations and solid encouragement time.  I’m going to miss her when I leave.

Saturday, June 16
It was raining again, but that wasn’t going to stop Amy and me.  We were determined to go to the horse races.  After all, it was on our list. So, we got dressed and then started the long venture.  We made it to our first two trains, but after that, our bus ran late, which meant we missed our last train that only went once every hour.  We made the most of it, talking and giggling in the rain, but we didn’t make it to the races until 3pm… They end at 4:30, so we didn’t have much time.  However, since we were late, we just walked right in without having to pay!  Bonus! Worth being late, for sure!  We are just so economically and environmentally savy: saving money, using the bus and trains… I mean really, it’s sometimes hard being this cool AND thoughtful. Just teasing.



While at the races, we met some cool gents.  We didn’t have hats this go round, but it was still epic.  We’ll have to go again when the weather is better and we actually make a whole day out of it.  Still, overall success. Then we went back into town and met up with some friends.


Sunday, June 17
Church at 2
Died Mary’s hair
Dinner at Ivanhoe- salmon and mash, then church with Mary

Monday, June 18th- I skyped with Mom and Dad, checked emails, watched the kids in the evening.  Then Amy came over.  She no longer has a car or Internet at her place, so we talked through that and scheduled traveling.  We watched the first part of Tangled with Stef for some girl time too. What a good movie, love the music. Way to go Disney for finally having a good Disney Princess movie again. It’s been awhile.

One of my favorites from the movie: 

Tuesday, June 19th- I hiked to Curl Curl for a quiet time.  It was refilling as usual.  Then I took a nap- that was a first. Next, I picked up Mark, took Stef to Ballet, made dinner, and watched the 2nd half of Tangled with Stef while ironing. Nature and domestic days are always good days. I learned that from my mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment