Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hunter Valley


Wednesday, June 20th- I decided to make a video of my arrangement of Pirates of the Caribbean.  I guess I’ll call it Pirates of the Tasman Sea.  The Tasman is between Australia and New Zealand.  Here’s what I came up with:






Thursday, June 21- Manly Wine with the girls – always a good healing time when girl talk and sip on a good vino

Friday, June 22- Dinner at Jo’s till 11:30- Again, Jo is amazing.  She had me over with some other young adults and couples from the church.  We were there for several hours, with an assortment of courses.  I loved the conversation and food.  




Sat, June 23- Hunter Valley with Amy
Amy and I drove about an hour and a half north of Sydney to Hunter Valley, the wine country. We visited only 4 of 130 wineries there. :) It was legendary, an explosion of flavor, sweetness, and happiness.  An epic journey of two friends, in Australia, savoring each moment of laughter and goodness.  And how does it get even better?  Kangaroos. Yes, we saw kangaroos! SO COOL. I. LOVE. AUSTRALIA.
 Left: Smooth. I might even say- this girl... she's cool as a cucumber.




So picturesque. 
I clearly like this little pond and plot of land (above). It reminds me of the farm back home, only the grass is injected with eons more chlorophyl...


This was my favorite because of our new friend Bonnie... She enlightened us as she poured several tastes. We bought our favorite two bottles. We'll crack them open for our last day together in Australia... bitter sweet, literally :)




The sunset was gorgeous, so we had to stop and play in the rays. This is what we have to show for ourselves :)

This is a dance move I like to call, "the AWESOME sun dance". It is very difficult to execute, but with practice, patience and perseverance, you can perform this to perfection. If I can do it, so can you! Give it a go the next time you are driving while the sun is setting. Just pull that car over- at that moment when you can't take your eyes off of this illuminating star, even though with each second, your eyes ache just a little bit more, slowly causing tears to inch their way out of the corners of your eyes. With haste, pull the car over, and perform this dance. It will bring joy to your day. If not to you, then to the innocent passers-by on the road...

Utter happiness



Dinner at a Thai BYO place... notice the box wine.. Yeah, that's right, we know how to keep it classy, even after a day of wine tasting. Bonnie wouldn't approve... But we are certainly economically savvy. Free wine tasting and then box wine at the end

We simply LOVED Hunter Valley.  The vineyards and tastings and people.  Each stop was so unique, with a different life and personality specific to its vineyard.  The scenery was exquisite.  We saw kangaroos and horses in the pastures.  We loved taking pictures at sunset.   We learned a lot about wine, especially from our favorite wine seller ever, Bonnie! She was so sweet and gave us several kinds, and taught us the ways of wine tasting and savoring.  Lovely girl. 

Sunday- Jerry had to go to the hospital so I took care of the kids today.  I took Stef to her soccer game.  She was precious. 



Then I treated the kids to KFC.  So weird that they have a ton of KFCs here.  Amy came over- I made breakfast for dinner, omlet style.  We had fun with the kids just enjoying a relaxed Sunday afternoon and evening.  I hope Jerry gets better though.  He’s been on and off sick for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment