Monday, July 9, 2012

A Glimpse of Heaven Video Shoot


Friday, June 8th- I woke up at 5:45am to check out the sunrise at Curl Curl.  Since we are going to shoot tomorrow, I want to make sure we can see on the trail that early.  I also wanted to plan out which spots I want to go to and in what order. 
The sun rose at 6:45am.  It was breathtaking.  I cannot wait for tomorrow- provided its good weather.  It’s funny how God takes care of little things that he shouldn’t care about.  For the past week and the upcoming week, every day is forecasted to rain, except for today and tomorrow.  Talk about divine intervention.   Then I rushed back home to help get Stef ready for school.  After that, I went back to Curl Curl to finish the trail to my secret spot.  It wasn’t easy, but I finally paved the way.  I practiced fitting the harp in the car, then I tuned the harp, and practiced my song.  The song I am going to play for my music video is very near and dear to my heart.   I will be playing "A Glimpse of Heaven", an original composition, in memory of Nana, Grandaddy, and Grandmartha.  I wrote it when I was 13 years old, when I learned first hand about aging, life and death. We filmed at Curl Curl, a northern beach in Sydney Australia because it was heaven on earth to me.  It is special and so is my song.  I can’t wait to play in such a magical place.
This evening, I stayed over at Amy’s since she had to babysit.  We thought it’d be easier to get ready at the same place and leave there together.  Amy is getting up early with me to help out with the harp.  She’s AWESOME! 
Now, off to bed, for tomorrow is a big day!

A Glimpse of Heaven 


Saturday, June 9th- We woke up at 5:00am and scrambled about, getting ready and loading the harp.  Then we picked up Alex and all crammed in the car to Curl Curl.  I carried the harp up the cliffs most of the way while Amy carried the stool and bags.  (This harp is MUCH smaller and lighter than my pedal harp back home.) 
Alex lugged his camera gear.  Once we made it to the narrow bush trail at the end, Amy and I carried the harp together, like hauling a couch.  We must have looked so silly, traipsing through the trees, me in my dress, tennis shoes and North Face jacket, holding for dear life to the celtic harp, winding through the bushes up the cliff… What a sight.  

It was pretty chilly, but it was quite a work out, bringing the harp to the tops of the cliff.  I managed to step on my dress at the very beginning when carrying the harp through the trail I had made the day before... Fortunately, the harp covers up the dark brown spot on the dress, so you can’t see it in the video.

What an amazing opportunity to play at such incredible places in nature. 


When I played on the cliff, with the sunrise as my backdrop, everything faded away.  It was just me and the world.  It was unreal.




My dress got dirty from treking up the cliff

Amy, my helper, all bundled up

Alex filmed from several different angles with a slider and other fancy camera equipment.  I must have played that song a hundred times today.  My fingers started growing numb, but it was worth it!  Amy was so great, taking pictures and holding my jacket or helping me readjust or move the harp to other locations.  We also filmed on the beach once the sun was up.  The surfers didn’t quite know what to think with me sitting on a rock, playing the harp.  It was fun though, that’s for sure! 


The video should be completed and posted in October 2012.  When I return I will professionally record the song.  Right now we are using a lesser quality track I recorded with my own equipment. Once I lay that track, then I’ll have my final product. J
It's amazing to be making my dreams a reality. From the moment I stepped foot on these cliffs, I knew I had to play my heart song here. In this special place, I could see a living painting of what I had been hearing for years as I played the harp. It was out of this world and perfect: it was a glimpse of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment