Thursday, April 19, 2012

Curl Curl Beach

Wednesday, March 28th
Today Angel was put down.  I wasn’t in the best mood. I’m not much of a crier.  In fact, I don’t remember the last time I cried.  So I was surprised when a few tears dropped down my cheek in the shower this morning.  The evening was a nice oasis from thoughts of Angel- Tom had me over for home cooked stirfry, wine and a movie- the perfect remedy. 

Thursday, March 29th
I decided I was getting too accustomed to Manly beach, so I ventured off to another unknown beach.  I came upon Curl Curl.  This is now my new favorite beach.  There are hardly any people on the beach.  I love it when the beach feels like it’s yours.  I sat and sketched the peninsula that jets off into the water, with the waves crashing against the rocks.  There were cute little houses scattered throughout the green neck of land.  Surfers sliced across the surface of blue, testing out new moves and playing with the waves.  It was a perfect beach.

Friday, March 30th
I went back to Curl Curl for a jog, a sketch sesh and then some sun baking.  Then I went out with Mary and a few other Au Pairs in the CBD.  It was nice, but eventually it was just Mary and I talking again.  We are two peas in a pod.  J


 
Saturday March 31st

Can you guess?  That’s right- Curl Curl again.  Only this time I hiked out onto the rocks.  The crashing ocean was stunningly powerful.  I had to walk carefully along the edge of the dropoff.  Much of the rock was covered with a carpet of green algae.  Then I hiked up a tall rickety staircase that led above the rocks.  It was there that I found “my secret spot”. 
My secret spot

I plopped down on a smooth rock that leaned out over the water.  I sat gazing at the flawless view of the ocean in front, rocks below and distant coastline on either side.  I sketched the rocks and had a quiet time with God.  Well, I wasn’t that "quiet"-  I sang at the top on my lungs.  It was utter bliss to be completely submerged in God’s creation, without sight or sound of another human being.  It was just us two, on the rock on the coastline of Australia.




Then I picked up Mary from Manly for girls night.  I had the house all to myself since the family was out of town for one of Mark’s fencing competitions.  So, we dropped by the grocery store, gathered ingredients and headed back home to make a delectable dinner.  We talked and drank wine and then popped in the ultimate girl movie, The Notebook. Mary spent the night and we both slept in until 8:30 the next morning.  Look out! I don’t remember the last time I thought 8:30 in the A.M. was sleeping in! It was so nice to wake up without the incessant and much dreaded BEEP BEEP BEEP of the alarm.  Mary noticed how quiet the house was.  She cares for a family of 3 kids, the youngest, a two-year old.  A quiet house in the morning is a great treat to her.  Yay for “Mom’s” day off.   

No comments:

Post a Comment