Wednesday, May 16, 2012

St. Matthews


Sunday, April 15
St. Matthews on the Corso, Manly
One of Mary’s kids had a birthday party at the park today, so we stopped by for a bit.  It was nice talking with the kids and family.    Then we went into town for some lunch at a café.  Afterwards I went to St. Matthews Manly.  It was a perfect small, quaint and inviting church.  The worship was just right- with a mixture of contemporary songs and hymns.  The worship leader used to tour with Third Day.  He has an incredible voice as well as choice of songs.  I love listening to him pray, in an Australian accent, with such conviction.  The sermon was to the point and scripturally sound.  At the end, we sang Amazing Grace with the added part by Chris Tomlin.  We sang that version at my church in Texas, Austin Stone.  When we starting singing, “My Chains are Gone, I’ve been set free, My God My Savior Has rescued me…” I felt like I was home.  Afterwards they had me for tea and biscuits and then several of us went to the Ivanhoe across the street for $10 steaks.  They were all so kind and inviting.  I felt such warmth and happiness.  I’m so glad I found a church home.

No comments:

Post a Comment