Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Still Searching for a ticket

Christmas has come and gone, and now it's getting close to my last day in the states for awhile.   I am scheduled to leave January 14th.  Now all I need to do is find a plane ticket, pack for half of a year, and move out of my current residence.  Oh, and my friend, Meagan, is getting married January 7th, and I am the maid of honor.  A lot to do before I leave.
Pray that I find a ticket for a "cheap" price.  My granny, mom and cousin, Wayne, are all going with me for a 14 day cruise along the New Zealand coast.  The only problem is, I haven't bought my flight yet.  They have purchased their tickets but mine is double the cost... $1600 is actually a GOOD rate for a round trip flight from Austin to Sydney.  The same ticket for me to return in August is $3100 +.  Not exactly what I had in mind.... 
But, I'll continue looking everyday at prices and until then hope for the best.  Besides, what's a trip across the world without a few bumps along the way to make things interesting?  
I am excited about all the people I will meet and get to know in Australia and New Zealand.  I have a friend, Su, who lives in North Bondi in Sydney and she said she would show me around.  I also have a friend, Richard, in New Zealand who is going to meet up with us while on our cruise.  He's going to give us a local's tour as well.  Our dear friend, Mr. Thomas, is from Australia and he has family in Melbourne and Brisbane.  I plan to visit them and get the real Australian experience.  I am so excited to learn more about Australia and broaden my horizons.  
I'll keep you posted in regards to the ticket!  I hope you all had a wonderful christmas! G'day.  

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you havent found a flight cheap enough.... =( I love you so much!
    -Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grace! I found one today! It wasn't very cheap0 $2700 but at least I have one now. We'll have to talk on Skype while I'm away.

    ReplyDelete